Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weekly Log: May 4 - May 9

I was very excited when I found out I was accepted into the Google Summer of Code program.
Currently, we are in the period that Google calls Community Bonding, which is a period that we get to know our mentors. I had a virtual meeting with my mentors Chris and Nico this past week. It was pretty helpful talking to them, as I was able to ask a couple of questions and also get some directions as to what I am supposed to be doing for the rest of the week. Prior to that, I had a meeting with everyone participating in the JSBML projects for GSoC. We, the students, got to meet with each other and talk about what we will be working on this summer. We also got help setting up the project on our machines.

Last week I was studying the classes for a couple package extensions that were already implemented to SBML core since I will be implementing the arrays package. First impression is that it is going to be straightforward to implement the necessary classes for arrays. However, I expect that there will be some tricky parts in the future. My mentors instructed me to read the user guide for JSBML. The user guide contains the information necessary for implementing extensions for JSBML. I was pretty impressed how detailed the user guide is. I was able to make the skeleton of the arrays extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment